Monday, April 23, 2018

IA04 Approved Event

During the semester, there have been approved business events that we could attend to learn more about the business world.  The one that interested me most was the CEO business lecture.  It was at the Ascender on March 13th from 5:30-7:00 pm.  I enjoyed this event because I hope to be a CEO of my own company one day.
I learned a lot from this event.  There were three panelists there to communicate with us as well as a bunch of HR and CEO's we could talk individually with.  The panelists were Avishai Geller who is the CEO at Maven Machines, Brian Guadio who is the CEO of Module, and Lynsie Campbell who is the founder of Lanespotter.  It was interesting to hear from all these important people.
I learned a lot about the responsibilities as a CEO and what it takes to become someone in that position. It is not easy to become the CEO of a huge company.  It takes long years of dedication and knowledge of the company overall.  The CEO is responsible for everything that goes on with the firm, even if the CEO was not directly at fault, it will always makes it way back to them.  That is why the average CEO lasts about a year and a half in their position.
Some responsibilities of the CEO are making corporate decisions, acting as a main source of communication between the Board of Directors and and Corporate operations. Another big role of the CEO is managing overall operations and resources of the company, this is important because without management of this, the company would fall apart.
After talking to the CEO's and other business entrepreneurs at the event, I learned that it is important for CEO's to have their time managed.  Without time management, it is impossible to be CEO.  Everything needs to be done on time and right in order to prevent future issues in the company.  Some good skills to have if theres an interest in becoming CEO are, learning from the past and not making the same mistakes twice, having strong communication skills, ability to build relationships, having good listening skills and learning from others, and being able to maintain a professional status.  All of these skills will help an individual become a better CEO.  Most everything that was discussed at the event was talked about in the textbook.  The textbook describes the skills and things that the CEO should be doing in order to keep the company under control.
I related a lot of what I learned here to the lecture we had with Cassandra about CEO's and what is important about becoming a CEO.  I can relate all the information I obtained from all the people I talked too and understand it in a new way now.  I enjoyed talking to different CEO's and they gave me some really good advice on skills and mindsets I should have in order to become the CEO of my own business. I will take all their considerations into my business plan and hope to become as successful as them one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment